This is the Marmot Limelight 3 persons tent (ad) review.
The Marmot Limelight 3 Persons Tent (ad) first was released in 2011 and has been a top rated tent since that time. It is for use in 3 seasons (those being summer, spring, and fall) and is of very solid construction and is very weather proof. It packs quite light when using the fast pitch option (4 lbs 2 ounces) which makes it an option for backpacking.
Not only is this a large tent that is lightweight, of solid construction, and weather proof, it also has practically every bonus feature you could want. These include the tent sack, a footprint, a window covering in the rainfly, noise free water proof zippers, a gear loft and interior pockets, and two vestibule areas, also two doors.
- 3 person tent
- For use in 3 seasons (spring, summer, fall)
- Fast pitch weight is 4 lb 2 oz
- Trail weight 5 lb 15 oz
- Packed weight 6 lb 11 oz
- Double walled
- Uses 3 pole setup with clips
- Constructed with 68D polyester ripstop (1800 mm PU coating) and 70D nylon for the floor (3000 mm PU coating)
- 2 Doors (DAC pressfit aluminium 9 mm)
- 2 Vestibule areas (both 10 square feet)
- Mesh panel ventilation
- Seams are fully taped
- Height is 46 inches
- Floor is 42.6 square feet (66 x 93 inches)
- Packed size is 22 x 8 inches
- Include gear loft and interior pockets
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Includes a footprint and a fast pitch option
- With the fast pitch option only being 4 lbs 2 ounces, this tent is light enough to be a viable backpacking option.
- That the tent comes with a footprint is a real pro.
- Very solid construction and a lifetime warranty.
- Price is a bit high, but you are paying for absolute quality and a tried and tested tent. It’s been around since 2011.
The Marmot Limelight 3 persons tent review (ad) is a fantastic tent for backpackers that need a three person tent if you have the budget for it.