Today we’re going to be reviewing the very popular Coleman North Rim 0 Degree Sleeping Bag (ad).
The Coleman North Rim 0 Degree Sleeping Bag (ad) is a winter camping bag for use down to zero degree Fahrenheit. That means it will keep you alive at zero, but it is more comfortable north of ten degrees in a tent or fifteen degrees outside.
The bag is polyester, which I think is meant to make it water proof and lightweight. You’ll need something under the bag if outside, as it will tear on sharp edges. You’ll also need to store it carefully.
The bag is tan with a dark brown border. The zipper is two way and quite thick, with a collar at the top to prevent leaks. The mummy styled bag wraps around your head to keep the cold out. The construction on this bag appears to be quite solid. Whereas other cheap Coleman bags sometimes have loose stitching or strings hanging off, I don’t see any of this hear. It actually looks like a top quality bag.
The bag weighs in at 4.6 pounds. That is a bit heavy to be using it for backpacking (not to mention big and bulky), but I guess it could work for shorter distances. This is more of a car camping bag though, in my opinion. It also might be good for summer camp, although you might be warm.
This really is a pretty decent bag considering the price.
- Made of Polyester with a 100% Polyester fill
- Off set quilt construction
- Draft tube to prevent leaks
- 2 way zipper
- Diamond ripstop polyester cover
- Measures 32 x 82 inches, fitting people up to 6 foot 2 inches tall
- Coletherm (as in Coleman) insulation is comfortable down to 15 degree fahrenheit.
- 5 year limited warranty
- Machine washable
- Includes stuff sack (when packed it is 17 x 11.2 x 10.5 inches)
- Weight: 4.6 pounds
- Very affordable.
- Decent construction.
- 5 year limited warranty.
- Maybe a bit too heavy and bulky for backpacking long distances.
- Some people complain that it isn’t warm enough.
- Others have complained that it is difficult to get the bag back in the stuff sack.
I think the general feeling for the Coleman North Rim 0 Degree Sleeping Bag (ad) is that it is really good considering the price range and features included. If you have a bigger budget, there are better bags out there. However, if you are in the market for a bag under $100, I think this bag is worth considering.