We’ve been a fan of Big Agnes tents in the past, and today we’re going to be reviewing the Big Agnes Lone Spring 2 Tent (ad).
This 2 person tent is built with quality construction and really has just about every feature you could look for in a lightweight 2 person tent. It has a full coverage rainfly, easy two pole setup, lightweight stakes, all seams are taped and it has storm flaps, and there are gear loops. The best thing about this tent is that it is very lightweight at 4 lbs, 7 oz. Also, it currently is available for a very reasonable price.
- Single D style door
- Vestibule Storm flaps on vestibule zipper
- Symmetrical pole structure
- Reflective guyline and webbing on tent corners
- Fly is nylon rip-stop and floor is polyester rip-stop
- Fly and floor have 1500mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is polyester rip-stop and polyester mesh
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC’s)
- Poles: DAC pole system with press fit connectors and lightweight hubs
- Plastic clips attach tent body to pole frame
- Hub pole design
- Stakes and Storage: 9 lightweight aluminum hook stakes 4 interior mesh pockets
- Gear Loft loops included
- Fast Fly setup available
- Tent Capacity: 2 Person
- Trail Weight: 4 lbs 7 oz / 2.02 kg
- Packed Weight: 4 lbs 15 oz / 2.24 kg
- Fast Fly Weight: 3 lbs 5 oz / 1.5 kg
- Packed Dimension: 5.5 x 22″ / 14 x 56 cm
- Floor Size: 3.2 square meter / 34 square feet
- Floor Length: 90″ / 229 cm
- Floor Width: 54″ / 137 cm
- Head Height: 42″ / 107 cm
- Vestibule Area: 0.8 square meter / 9 square feet
- Footprint Weight: 8 oz / 227 g (sold separately)
- Extremely lightweight at 4 lbs, 7 oz.
- Solid construction.
- Has a ton of features: mudflaps, gear loops, rainfly, etc.
- Also is currently very affordable, with a mid range price.
- Big Agnes replaces defective products, but not those with issues from wear and tear.
- Two covered vents in the rainfly let you peak out.
- A bit awkward for a person inside to get out.
The Big Agnes Lone Spring 2 Tent (ad) is a terrific two person tent that anyone looking for an ultra lightweight two person tent should consider. The price is also terrific and Big Agnes is a great brand.