The ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 2 Tent (ad) comes from a trusted manufacturer in ALPS and is built for extreme weather conditions like high winds and heavy rain. This is one of those tents that was fairly expensive at release, but has since gone down in price. This tent has been widely used and tested (with an average Amazon review score of 5 stars out of 5), and thus you can be assured that this is a quality tent.
· Free Standing 3 Pole Design with 7000 Series Aluminum Poles
· Easy Assembly with Pole Clips that quickly snap over the tent poles
· 75D 185T Polyester Fly resists UV damage and stays taut
· Factory Sealed Fly & Floor Seams give best weather protection
· 75D 185T Taffeta Floor with 2000mm Coating
· Extra Large #8 Zippers on Doors and Vestibules
· Easy Entry & Great Ventilation with 2 Doors (both with zippered mesh windows)
· 2 Vestibules for gear storage and extra weather protection
· Weatherproof Fly Buckles on for maximum adjustability and protection
· Multiple Fly Vents increase ventilation
· 6061 Aluminum Stakes
· Pole Bag, Stake Bag, Tent Bag with Drawstring
· Guy Rope
· Repair Swatches
· Gear Loft
· Mesh Storage Pockets
Why it’s awesome:
The great thing about this tent is the quality, ability to withstand inclement weather, it is chalked full of features, and the low price.
What could be better:
This tent weighs 5.75 pounds, so it won’t work for hikers and backpackers.
You can order this tent on here on Amazon (ad).